Whether you are planning to launch your first website, or have been around the Internet for a while, you might have pondered upon one thing for sure.
That is, what kind of Content Management System or CMS should you use?
So a CMS helps any business to showcase themselves, or their business online in a much intriguing manner.
Before it’s introduction to the world, businesses solely used to rely on the static pages. They used to directly upload the pages to the servers – to publish the websites.
For years, many big organizations continued to update their websites this way only. As the end product, they faced a lot of limitations.
Their ability to scale slandered, and so did their presence on the internet.
The need of associating many editors, templates, governors and dealing with all the global changes was frazzling.
Besides all this, lack of security was also eating them up until WordPress came.
What Is WordPress?
You’ve probably heard a lot of tales about WordPress lately, but what is WordPress exactly anyway?
WordPress is the world’s most widespread website creation tool.
Yes, and it is popular because it is very proficient at creating a website of any style.
With it, you can design from a simple blog to a business website loaded with features. Moreover, it is also used to create online stores as well.
Now, most probably you are wondering what you don’t know the basics of website creating, right?
That is the beauty of WordPress, you don’t require to now that. You don’t need any coding or designing skills to design a professional looking website.
There are hundreds and thousands of free designed websites, known as the ‘Themes’. All of them are already there in the WordPress world to inspire you.
The finest characteristic of WordPress is – it’s completely free. WordPress is free to use and Free to modify.
So if you are someone who likes to fickle with the codes, go ahead and make your WordPress do about anything you’d love.
Lately, one new feature has stepped into the limelight and enjoyed a lot of attention. That is the Live Chat Support On WordPress.
This feature has left people wondering all the endless possibilities it could deliver.
All of it only by using the plugin feature provided by the WordPress.
What Is Live Chat Support?
This is the hallmark which every big business website wants to embrace. Basically, it’s a normal messenger with a professional twist in it.
Type your queries in, and you’ll get the answers for them quickly and accurately, in the real-time basis.
As a customer, you don’t even have to to pay much attention while the process is going on.
In this era of high-end technologies all around. All the businessmen who want others to take their businesses gravely are adopting this service channel.
There are many opportunities presented through the live chat support system.
All those services are very much similar to what we get on the phone and emails.
The Live Chat Support has emerged out as one the most dynamic methods available.
This features Offers a never-ending list of styles to connect with the customers. Here’s why:
- Live Chat is something same Email on steroids. It utilizes the attributes which the customers are already in love with. Clear loquacity, ready-made transcripts and professional tones – people, they love it all. To make things even better, they combine it with the high pace of working and delivery.
- It is also something analogous to the phone based support. Live Chat Support proffers the customers a very private and personal experience. While one enjoys a personal attention of an agent which is as fast as a phone call, he can multitask as well.
How To Add Live Chat Support On WordPress?
There are a plethora of Live Chat Support options available for WordPress.
The best thing about them is, the way of adding them to your WordPress website is the same always – in the form of Plugins.
A WordPress Plugin is a piece of software or an application. It contains a plenty of functions which can be appended to your website.
They have the power to extend the functionality by adding new features to your website.
So they basically work in the very identical way as the apps do for your smartphones.
In the WordPress 2.7 and above versions, you can install the plugins directing from the admin area.
You simply have to download the desired plugin to your computer, then log in to your WordPress admin area.
Then go to Plugins > Add New.
Later all you have to do is browse to the plugin archive and in our case, it’s the Live Chat Support Plugin. There select the one you want to install. By clicking on Install Now, your Live Chat Support Plugin will be installed.
Top Live Chat Plugins For WordPress
The LiveChat plugin provides you with a customizable chat box and unlimited chat history.
Their premium plans start at $16/month.
This Live Chat Support solution which has proven itself as a handy widget for the many websites.
It comes with a customizable chat box, chat history, 20 free conversations per month. Their premium plans start at $17/month.
Tidio Live Chat
This plugin is suitable for single click installation. It also directs emails sent to offline chat users.
Moreover, it provides with a customizable chat box unlimited chat history, free conversations. Their premium plan starts at $12/month.
Pros and Cons of Live Chat Support
- A real-time customer service to those who visit the website. This is what the visitors of the websites always wanted right? Ease of accessibility and fast responses.
- Free for the user to contact the website and cost-efficient for the business owner. This is because one support agent can handle multiple cases simultaneously.
- Chat with the customer provides valuable insight on the visitors. Moreover, it puts light on their activities on the website as well. That insight can be pretty beneficial for the businesses.
- It alleviates stress from other communication mediums of the company. This is because, on the live chat support, customers get a quick and simple real-time response.
- Free or poor quality chat providers may have on the SEO. The loading time of the webpage may increase or it may start behaving in unexpected ways.
- Possibilities of having the chat script implemented improperly are always high. This raises the possibilities of website behaving in an unexpected as well.
- Only having Live Chat Support is installed on the website won’t do any good. If you are not using it regularly, you can expect the visitors to get angry.
- Older people who visit your website may not be comfortable with the live chat boxes.
Like the two sides of every coin, the Live Chat Support Systems also has two aspects – it all depends on how you use it.